Historic Scott House
Join LOON for a summer concert with picnic-y food and festive fundraising in support of a new season of opera! The event takes place at the Historic Scott House in Carlton, MN, with bus service available to and from Duluth. Grounds open at 5:30pm, concert starts at 6:30pm. Walk-ups are welcome, but food must be ordered ahead of time and bus seats should be reserved ahead as seating is limited. In the event of rain, the Sparkler will be moved to the following day, August 9.
A Stairway to Paradise: American Songs from the 1920s and ‘30s
Take a stroll down Tin Pan Alley with singers Vicki Fingalson, Sarah Lawrence, Calland Metts, Jeffrey Madison, and pianist Bill Munson.
Picnic Supper Boxes are available for pre-order. $20 each.
Food order deadline is 4:00pm on Friday, August 4.
Add your menu choices to your ticket order online, or complete your order over the phone by calling 218-464-0922. If you have dietary restrictions, MidCoast is happy to accommodate! Simply note your restrictions when prompted during the checkout process.
- Turkey, Bacon, & Swiss Sandwich – served on cranberry wild rice bread with cranberry mayo, lettuce, and tomato. Comes with pasta salad, chips, and dessert.
- Roast Beef & Cheddar Sandwich – served on marble rye with a roasted garlic mayo, lettuce, and tomato. Comes with pasta salad, chips, and dessert.
- Cranberry & Goat Cheese Salad – served with chicken, mixed greens, dried cranberries, goat cheese, candied pecans, and balsamic vinaigrette. Comes with fresh fruit, roll, and dessert.
- Cranberry & Goat Cheese Salad (vegetarian) – served with mixed greens, dried cranberries, goat cheese, candied pecans, and balsamic vinaigrette. Comes with fresh fruit, roll, and dessert.
Several drink options will be available with suggested donation pricing.
Ride The Bus! Reserve your seat for $12
Why wait until you arrive at the event to start the fun? Take advantage of this budget-friendly and eco-friendly mode of transportation, where you can relax and enjoy refreshments and good company on the way!
- 4:45 depart Blue Stone Apartments (Pickup is on Elizabeth Street. Parking permitted in the St. Luke’s Clinic lot.)
- 5:00 depart Sheraton Downtown (Pickup is on 3rd Avenue East. 301 E Superior St, Duluth, MN 55802)
- 5:15 depart Perkins West (4005 W Michigan St, Duluth, MN 55807)
- 5:50 arrive at The Historic Scott House
We’ll have lots of chairs set up for the concert, but if you have a favorite lawn chair or blanket to bring, please do!
Directions to The Historic Scott House
Address: 1321 County Road 4, Carlton, MN, 55718
I-35 exit #239 (Scanlon Carlton Cloquet).
After exiting, turn left under 35 and head south into Carlton. You are on Hwy 45.
Continue south through Carlton (you will cross RR tracks) for about 1 mile, and then turn right at the Spur Gas Station onto County Road 3.
Follow County Road 3 for about 4.5 miles, and turn right on County Road 4.
Scott House is the first driveway on the right.